Labels

Monday 25 January 2016

POSTER CONSTRUCTION

Using my favourite photograph taken from the shoot I did after filming the projection footage, I uploaded it to Photoshop as it will be the main image of my poster. This image advertises the album well as it is similar to the footage used in my music video and on the design of my CD, creating continuity throughout all of the products. I chose this image in particular due to the composition of the swirl on Millie's head which spirals outwards covering the whole area. I adjusted the exposure and gamma correction levels to make the colours more vibrant and the black swirl more dominant against my model.


I then began to add all the features of a poster including artist's logo, name of album and advertising slogan. To make the name of the album stand out increasingly more as this is what is being advertised on the poster, I duplicated the name and layered it underneath the original with a decreased opacity strength. This added extra depth to the name and gave an almost 3D effect which would look increasingly more effective when printed out large.


I then inserted VAC RECORDS logo which I inverted (holding down ctrl I) to white so that it stands out against the white background. Taken from google images, I also inserted an advertisement for iTunes making the album available for electronic download, a standard convention of modern music posters. Underneath the album name I added the text 'includes hit single regret' in order to promote my music video. The font used is the same as on the back cover of the album, which is electronic and quirky adding to modern technological feel of the band.


I lastly positioned everything perfectly in line at the bottom by adding a ruler to do so. I also decided to add the band's website address so fans and others interested in the band go and find out more information about the new music and band. Below is the first draft of my poster advertising the album 'Altered Visions'.


No comments:

Post a Comment