Labels

Friday 29 January 2016

CD TRAY CONSTRUCTION

Despite creating a CD tray was not apart of my ancillary task, I thought it was still important to present the important conventions that I had not included elsewhere. This CD will lye underneath the plastic which clasps onto the disk, so when the CD is lifted out the design below is revealed. Because for my inside cover I chose to present another photograph rather than an informative spread I have placed the other conventions discovered through my research here. This includes disclaimers of who wrote, published and recorded the contents of the digipak for copyright reasoning's. In addition to the listing the singers and players, informing new listeners of Ctrl Z as well as personal messages such as thank you's from the band to the supporters. 


I originally positioned the record label underneath the text but realised it was not relevant for this section of the digipak. I instead to decided to insert the signatures of the singers and players which I did by using www.dafont.com and searching for handwritten fonts. I then copied and pasted the desired fonts individually, inverted and removed the backgrounds using the 'Magic Wand Tool' to make it actually look like each member had signed that particular page. I feel this looks effective in making the product more personal from the band and that they had a lot of input in the design and production,  


Below is the first draft of my CD tray:


No comments:

Post a Comment