Labels

Friday 8 January 2016

BAND NAME FEEDBACK AND RESULT

I conducted a questionnaire in which I asked my target audience their personal favorite name out of four possible options and explain the reason for their decision. I picked my four favorite from the artist name brainstorm I created then distributed the questionnaire out to 10 within my target audience range.
The results I received were very helpful and I am now able to conclude the name of band; 'Ctrl Z'. Ctrl Z was voted most popular out all four options, scoring a total of 7 overall. Ctrl Z was personal choice from the beginning therefore I am please it has won the votes. I took inspiration for the name from English indie rock band 'Alt J' where I like the quirky simplicity of the name that reminded me of electronic and modern technology. Everything Everything's work also appears under the genre of 'Electronic Rock' therefore to confirm to these conventions and relate to the genre, naming my artist related to common electronic words is very relevant. The answers from my feedback said that 'Ctrl Z' sounded 'weird', 'unique' and creative', all things that should be portrayed from an indie artists name. I am pleased with the final name of my artist as it clear what genre my artist belongs as well as giving an insight into the characteristics of the artists. 
The second most popular name with two votes was 'Northern Nothings'. I took inspirations from the accents depicted from my music video songs in addition to the stereotype that the majority of indie bands are formed in Northern England e.g. Arctic Monkey's and The Stone Roses. I then wanted to use alliteration to play on the words and to give the name some fluency where I found the word 'Nothing'. I thought the word nothing linked in with 'Regret', connoting feelings of emptiness and loneliness, creating a theme throughout my digipak.






No comments:

Post a Comment